What is "Master Plan" for Hair Loss & Hair Transplantation?
Often overlooked by patients and novice surgeons, the "Master Plan" for hair transplantation should include the important consideration that hereditary "pattern" hair loss and hair thinning in men and women are chronic and progressive conditions that continue to get worse without treatment. At Bauman Medical, we routinely remind patients, "transplanted hair is permanent, but your other hair is not!" ...and, there's a plan for that!
Therefore the "Master Plan" for any hair loss patient should include not only the size and amount of hair transplant procedures needed to reach a patient's restoration goal, but also a robust Medical Hair Loss Management protocol for treating the at-risk hair and routine follow-up measurements and tracking visits to ensure the prescribed hair regrowth therapies are working as expected.
Unfortunately, many novice surgeons underestimate the amount of grafting needed to accomplish a hair loss patient's goals and underestimate the progression of hair loss--inadvertently or mistakingly thinking that the hair loss is a static condition. From my experience in treating thousands of hair loss in patients over 20 years, I assure you it is NOT! This often results in disappointing results for patients who have spent significant time and resources to undergo a hair transplant procedure, and neglected to address the underlying progression of hair loss.
What goes into making a "Master Plan" for your hair restoration?
- An accurate diagnosis of your condition. Is it hereditary hair loss or are there other hair loss or alopecia conditions contributing?
- An identification of your major hair loss risk factors, which may include hereditary risk, medical conditions, scalp health, medications and other issues that affect hair growth.
- Baseline standardized photography
- Baseline measurements of Hair Mass Index with HairCheck and microscopic HairCam evaluations in affected zones compared to areas that are more permanent.
- An assessment of your hair loss "momentum" generally based on your age, degree of hair loss and amount of miniaturized hair.
- What are your ultimate, realistic hair restoration goals?
What does a Hair Transplant & Hair Restoration "Master Plan" include?
- Suggested risk-factor modifications
- Effective medical hair regrowth treatments.
- Accurate estimate of size and amount of hair transplantation recommended.
- Routine monitoring of hair growth with HairCheck and HairCam evaluations.
- Routine assessment of your progress and goals.
Do you need a "Master Plan" to help you reach and maintain your hair restoration goals?
Schedule a consultation with ABHRS and FISHRS Hair Restoration Physician, Dr. Alan Bauman at http://www.baumanmedical.com/schedule-consultation.